شنبه، اردیبهشت ۰۸، ۱۳۸۶

Playgrounds in Tehran

Playgrounds really amuse me, even though I am not a child any more. Whenever I pass by one, I stop and watch children playing. If no one plays there, that is even better, for I can go and play.
Among all structures installed in playgrounds, I like those which help children to develop mental, physical or social skills more while keeping them amused. Unfortunately these sort of playgrounds are rare objects in my city Tehran. Even worse, their number is decreasing. It was just a few years ago when my favorite childhood ride in a park -- a circular maze made of cement walls -- was knocked down and replaced by a much less creative structure -- a roller skating rink.
It is sad to see the negative trend and as an ordinary citizen maybe I can not do much to improve the situation. However, at least I can do one simple thing. I can convince other citizens to demand authorities to build slightly more creative playgrounds.

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: